Date(s) - 17/03/2016 - 18/03/2016
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
ALDE Party office
The military future of our continent
Brussels, 17-19 March
APPLICATION PERIOD: 01-18 February
The European Liberal Forum is organizing an event with the support of LYMEC and with the financial support of the European Parliament in mid-March.
The workshop begins with a rundown on the operational capacity of the European armies, in light of recognized international security concerns. The second part explores the growing concern of cyber security. The third part of the workshop looks at the oscillation between a prospective European defence union and a deeper reliance and cooperation with NATO. The workshop concludes with a look at the current state of the European defence industry, its challenges and its probable future.
Participants of the seminar should apply with a text of at least 1000 words on a topic related to the theme of defence.
Participants will be chosen according to the quality of their papers. We have at least 14 open spots for this event for participants up to 34 years of age.
- Original work, minimum 1000 words.
- Word file, rectified margins, Times New Roman 12, space 1.5.
- Highly recommended to include references or data research.
Fill in the form on our website (only valid for LYMEC Member Organizations and Individual Members of LYMEC; members of ELF organizations and ALDE Party individual members should contact their respective offices) and send your essay in Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no participation fees. Participants will have food and accommodation costs covered during the seminar and will receive travel reimbursements of up to 200 euros above the first 50 euros of travel costs.
The final texts will be published in a book.
FIND BELOW some helpful sources of inspiration for your papers.
We are looking forward to your applications!
- Why Defense Matters: A New Narrative for Nato
- Carnegie Europe – Judy Dempsey
- Enabling the Future: European military capabilities 2013-2025: Challenges and aveneues
- Institute for Security Studies – James Rogers, Andrea Gilli
- Overcapacity stifling Europe’s defense industry
- Reuters – Andrea Shalal, Sarah Young and Adrian Croft
- ALDE roadmap towards EU Integrated Military Forces
- Link here
- Defending the digital frontier (Cybersecurity)
- Common Ground for European Defense: National Defense and Security Strategies Offer Building Blocks for a European Defense Strategy
- German Marshall Fund – Claudia Major, Christian Mölling
Bookings are closed for this event.