LYMEC is launching a call for a new assistant in its Office in Brussels to start off 1st of September. We are looking for a dynamic, team orientated, upbeat and responsible person who will take the task of the assistant in the LYMEC Office.
The European Liberal Youth, abbreviated as LYMEC, is a pan-European youth organisation seeking to promote liberal values throughout the EU as the youth organisation of the European Liberal Democrat and Reform Party (ELDR) and its parliamentary group in the European Parliament (ALDE, Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe).
Involving about 210,000 members from 58 organisations in 31 countries, LYMEC is made up of Member Organisations (MO) and Individual Membership (IM) and it is active across the breadth and diversity of the European continent. Our central aim is the creation of a liberal and federal Europe.
If you are interested in experiencing Brussels’ political life, politics is your passion and you like to work with young people from different cultural and religious backgrounds then this is a position for you.
· Assist to the LYMEC Secretary General and the Bureau of LYMEC
· Organize and manage events
· Maintain databases, contact members and associates
· Perform administrative tasks assigned by the Secretary General
· Accompany LYMEC’s Secretary General on various meetings in Brussels
· Maintain our social media and web site
· Prepare newsletters and LYMEC’s magazine The Libertas
· Represent LYMEC on some of the Brussels based events
· National of EU member state or holds a valid work permit in Belgium
· Bachelor degree in related fields
· Close to native English language skills, any additional language skills will be considered an asset
· Advanced in IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Word (your knowledge will be tested)
· Experience in web site maintenance
· Stress resilient and willing to work occasionally during the weekends
· Highly organised, punctual and diligent
· High level of self initiative and a proactive person
· Outgoing personality
· Loves to travel
Please note that if you do not fulfill the first four points, your application will be automatically rejected. Persons from Romania and Bulgaria can apply for this position only if they hold an existing work permit in Belgium.
· Five month contract, non-renewable
· Part time employment (50%) with social contributions according to Belgian labor law
· Net salary of 700 Euros + 147 Euros worth lunch coupons
· Work in a small and dynamic office in the centre of European district of Brussels with loads of contacts with young persons from around the Europe and the World
· Bonus at the end of the contract
· Five days of personal leave
Please send us your CV and motivation letter (no longer than one A4 page) by 1st of July 2012. The interviews will take place the first week of July via Skype.
The applications should be sent to email@example.com
The headquarters of LYMEC are located in Brussels. LYMEC is a legal entity registered in Belgium.