Call for an interim Secretary General
Following the resignation of Secretary General Danica Vihinen, the Bureau is launching a call for the interim position of Secretary General. The candidates are expected to be available to take up work in our Brussels office as of June 24th. The candidate selected by the Bureau will be hired on a fixed-term interim contract until the next LYMEC Congress, in accordance with Article 22(7) of the LYMEC statutes.
- Mandate: 24 June – 9 November 2019
- Salary: This is a full time contract (37,5 hours per week), salary based on the market standard
- Place of work: LYMEC office, Ixelles, Brussels
- Working hours: 09-17h, occasional working weekends
- Eligible candidates: LYMEC Members of European citizenship (including non-EU) with a valid work permit; candidates to the Secretary General post must be under the age of 33 years at the date of the election.
The Secretary-General (SG) as defined in the Statutes (Article 27) has the following responsibilities:
- assists the organisation and its bodies;
- manages the daily business under the guidance of the Bureau and executes the decisions taken by the Bureau;
- heads the Secretariat, the composition and organisation of which will be proposed by the Secretary General to the Bureau;
- organises the statutory meetings under the guidance of the Bureau;
- assists the Treasurer in the administration of the budget.
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree
– Preferably one year of relevant working experience
– Good knowledge of LYMEC and experience within LYMEC and European Liberal Politics (preferably, candidates are to be a member of LYMEC, either through a MO or Individual member at the moment of their application and throughout their mandate and have a practical knowledge of the organisation and its work: members, principles and partners.)
– Written and spoken knowledge of English; French and/or Dutch skills are necessary to deal with some administrative tasks. The working language of LYMEC is English and therefore a high knowledge level is required. In order to be able to work in Brussels, French and/or Dutch language skills are necessary.
– Administrative skills (legal and organisational paperwork, drafting)
– Organisational skills (office and event management experience)
– Accounting and bookkeeping skills
– Computer literacy
– Web management skills (WordPress system)
– Communication skills (internal and external communications, social media)
– Readiness to work occasional odd hours and on locations (up to 10 working tasks abroad per year)
– Intermediate graphic design skills, layout planning
– Minimum computer equipment maintenance skills
– Team leading experience is highly valued, as the Secretary General will have managerial duties
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 11 June, 12:00 noon, CEST.
Any questions regarding this procedure can also be addressed to the LYMEC President Svenja Hahn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vice President Edgaras Mascinskas (email@example.com).
- Late applications will be automatically declined without exception.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an in person or Skype meeting between 17 and 19 June.
We look forward to your applications!