Administrative assistant position
To work in LYMEC’s Office in Brussels for six months starting at the beginning of September 2020.
Apply before the 17th of August 2020!
European Liberal Youth is looking for an administrative assistant for six months under the Bruxelles Formation “convention immersion professionnelle” internship scheme.
The successful candidate will be working in LYMEC’s office in Brussels together with the Secretary General and the Policy and Training intern from the beginning of September 2020 till end of February 2021.
The assistant will support the Secretary General in daily office tasks, administration, communication and the organisation of events.
The selected candidate will be strongly involved in the work related to the content, the logistics of our events and social media.
We are looking for a candidate who must be:
- Politically literate
- Aligned with the broad principles of the organisation
- Well organized when it comes to office work and event management
- Available to travel for work (costs covered by the organisation)
- Experienced in using social media for communication
- Worked previously on newsletters
- Fluent in English
The candidate we are looking for would ideally also:
- Have a strong interest in European politics and knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions
- Have at least passive skills in French and/or Dutch
- Have experience in working in an international team and office environment
- Have experience with web development, graphic design and/or video editing
What we offer:
- An internship contract (convention immersion professionnelle) for a fixed period of six months €900 monthly compensation.
- A vantage point to European policy-making and a great opportunity for networking in the liberal family.
- Opportunity to travel for work in different parts of Europe.
- Send a one-page motivation letter and your CV in English to [email protected], cc to [email protected] by 17 August 2020 at 14 h (Brussels time).
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed depending on availability (probably via Skype/virtually) before 28 August 2020.
- Answers will be sent by 31 August 2020 the latest.
- Starting date is expected the week of 7 September 2020.
- For any questions, please contact the Secretary General: [email protected]
- LYMEC does not cover relocation expenses or accommodation.
- The successful candidate will only be hired after formal approval by Bruxelles Formation.
- Applications will be made anonymous for the rest of the recruitment process (no name, picture, country or affiliation will be made known to rest of recruiters) in accordance with our Equality and Diversity plan.
Leave your comment
President: Dan-Aria Sucuri (Sweden) Vice-President: Ines Holzegger (Austria) Treasurer: Tuuli Helind (Estonia) Bureau members: Laia Comerma (Catalonia, Spain), Alexandre Servais (Belgium), Ellinor Juth (Finland) and Tanzer Yuseinov (Bulgaria) + Sec...
LYMEC Welcomes Outcomes on the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE) On Europe Day (9 May), the final report following the Conference on the Future of Europe was published. The Conference on the Future of Europe began on 10 March 2021 and aimed t...
Yesterday, the European Parliament adopted Renew Europe's demand to create transnational lists in the EP elections. LYMEC has been working for transnational lists for years. The possibility to vote for a candidate in another EU country would improve Eur...