Are you our next Policy and Training Intern?
To work in LYMEC’s Office in Brussels for six months from September 2021.
Deadline to apply is 23 August 2021 at 16 h Brussels time (CEST).
European Liberal Youth is looking for a policy and training intern for six months under the Bruxelles Formation “convention immersion professionnelle” internship scheme.
The successful candidate will be working in LYMEC’s office in Brussels together with the Secretary General and the assistant from mid-September until mid-March with possibility to extend.
The intern will help the Secretary General and the board of the organisation with European policy developments and execution of campaigns, training and special projects (planning, graphic production and implementation). Focus will be put on the policy of LYMEC.
We are looking for a candidate who must be:
- Politically literate
- Aligned with the broad principles of the organisation
- Have a strong interest in European politics and knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions
- Experienced in drafting policy briefs and background documents
- Experienced in using social media for communication
- Available to travel for work (costs covered by the organisation)
- Fluent in English
- French is an asset
- Experience with Council of Europe project/grant applications and implementation is a plus.
- Experience in writing about policy related content and articles
The candidate we are looking for would ideally also have:
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to change focus in response to changing work pace and situations is essential
- Experience in policy research and the liberal approach
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe package (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design)
What we offer:
- An internship contract (convention immersion professionnelle) for a period of six months €900 gross monthly compensation.
- Experience in working with an international and committed team in a political organisation.
- A vantage point to European policy-making and a great opportunity for networking.
- Involvement in the LYMEC policy book review process.
- Send a one-page motivation letter and your CV in English to [email protected], cc to [email protected] by 23 August 2021 at 16 h Brussels time (CEST).
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed (in person or via Skype) by the beginning of September.
- Answers will be sent by 3 September 2021 the latest.
- Expected start is around mid-September (20 September 2021 the latest).
For any questions, please contact the Secretary General: [email protected]
- LYMEC does not cover relocation expenses or accommodation.
- The successful candidate will only be hired after formal approval by Bruxelles Formation.
- Applications will be made anonymous for the rest of the recruitment process (no name, picture, country or affiliation will be made known to the rest of recruiters).
Leave your comment
EXTENDED DEADLINE is 29 November 2021 at 10 h CET (Brussels time) Renewal of the LYMEC Working Groups! Fancy being in the midst of policy developments and spearheading key changes within LYMEC? Then why not engage in one or two of the four available...
Please find the official document here! Since its announcement, the European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) has welcomed the Conference on the Future of Europe as an opportunity for every citizen, and especially the youth, to be involved in shaping a common ...