Become our next Policy and Campaign intern!
To work in LYMEC’s Office in Brussels for six months from August 2023.
The European Liberal Youth is looking for a policy and campaign intern for six months under the Bruxelles Formation “convention immersion professionnelle” internship scheme.
The successful candidate will be working in LYMEC’s office in Brussels together with the Secretary General and the Project Officer from mid-August until mid-February with possibility for extension.
The intern will help the Secretary General and the board of the organisation with European policy developments and execution of campaigns, but also special projects (planning, graphic production and implementation). Focus will be put on the policy of LYMEC and outreach around it especially in the context of the upcoming European Elections in 2024.
We are looking for a candidate who must be:
- Politically literate
- Aligned with the broad principles of the organisation
- Have a strong interest in European politics and knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Experienced in drafting policy briefs and background documents
- Experienced in using social media for communication about policy proposals
- Available to travel for work - sometimes weekends (costs covered by the organisation)
- Fluent in English - office language is English
- Experienced in writing about policy related content and articles
- Experienced with campaigning and advocacy work
The candidate we are looking for would ideally also have:
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to change focus in response to changing work pace and situations is essential.
- Experience in policy research and the liberal approach as well as advocating for those ideas.
What we offer:
- An internship contract (convention immersion professionnelle) for a period of six months €1000 gross monthly compensation.
- Experience in working with an international and committed team in a political organisation.
- A vantage point to European policy-making and a great opportunity for networking.
- Involvement in the LYMEC policy book review process, elaboration of new policies and the 2024 EU elections campaign.
- Send a one-page motivation letter and your CV in English to [email protected] by the 16 June 2023 at 10 h Brussels time (CEST).
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed (in person or via Zoom) by the beginning of July.
- Selection process will be concluded by 17 July 2023 at the latest.
- Ideal start is around mid-August.
For any questions, please contact the Secretary General - Bàlint Gyévai - [email protected].
- LYMEC does not cover relocation expenses or accommodation nor healthcare insurance.
- The successful candidate will only be hired after formal approval by Bruxelles Formation which can take a few working days.
- Applications will be made anonymous for the recruitment process (no name, picture, country or affiliation will be made known to the rest of recruiters).
November 27 2023
November 08 2023
Leave your comment
On Thursday, 23 November 2023, the Council of Ministers for Youth of the EU invited the Commission to ensure that the impacts on young people are considered in EU-wide policymaking. As part of this recommendation, ministers urged the Commission to "expl...
We are pleased to announce the annual elections for the IMS delegates for 2024, which will take place from 5 to 8 of January 2024, in light of the upcoming Electoral Spring Congress 2024 and the beginning of the new year. We are now accepting applicatio...
On Wednesday, 22 November 2023, the European Parliament adopted its own proposal for the Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) draft legislative package. As the youth wing of the ALDE Party and a platform committed to fighting subversions in the rule of la...