Call for a new Secretary General
In accordance with the Statutes of LYMEC, the Bureau is launching a call for the position of Secretary-General. The candidates are expected to be available to take up work in our Brussels office as of the beginning of April. The candidate selected by the Bureau will be put forward for approval to the next LYMEC Congress, according to Article 27 of the Rules of Association.
- Mandate:2 years, renewable for 2 years additionally (dependant on the decision of the LYMEC Congress)
- Salary: This is a full time contract (37,5 hours per week), salary based on the market standard
- Place of work: LYMEC office, Ixelles, Brussels
- Working hours: 09-17h, occasional working weekends
- Eligible candidates: LYMEC Members of European citizenship (including non-EU) with a valid work permit; candidates to the Secretary General post must be under the age of 33 years at the date of the election.
The Secretary-General (SG) as defined in the Statutes (Article 26) has the following responsibilities:
- assists the organisation and its bodies;
- manages the daily business under the guidance of the Bureau and executes the decisions taken by the Bureau;
- heads the Secretariat, the composition and organisation of which will be proposed by the Secretary General to the Bureau;
- the statutory meetings under the guidance of the Bureau;
- assists the Treasurer in the administration of the budget;
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree
– Preferably one year of working experience
– Good knowledge of LYMEC and experience within LYMEC and European Liberal Politics (preferably, candidates are to be a member of LYMEC, either through a MO or Individual member at the moment of their application and throughout their mandate and have a practical knowledge of the organisation and its work: members, principles and partners.)
– Written and spoken knowledge of English; French and/or Dutch skills are necessary to deal with some administrative tasks. The working language of LYMEC is English and therefore a high knowledge level is required. In order to be able to work in Brussels, French and/or Dutch language skills are necessary.
– Administrative skills (legal and organisational paperwork, drafting)
– Organisational skills (office and event management experience)
– Accounting and Book keeping skills
– Computer literacy
– Web management skills (WordPress system)
– Readiness to work occasional odd hours and on locations (up to 10 working tasks abroad per year)
– Intermediate graphic design skills, layout planning
– Minimum computer equipment maintenance skills
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 18 February, noon, CET.
- Late applications will be automatically declined without exception.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype meeting.
We look forward to your applications!
October 24 2022
Leave your comment
FIFA does not take human rights into account, but LYMEC does! The World Cup in Qatar started this weekend. At the same time, the LYMEC congress adopted an important resolution, pointing to the fact that numerous major international sports events either ...
Candidate Debate for the LYMEC Delegation to the ALDE Party Congress 2023 Every year, LYMEC selects a delegation to represent themselves, our member parties and policy proposals at the ALDE Party Congress. Next year, the ALDE Party Congress will take pl...
LYMEC Policy Debate #1 Recap How to Deal With Citizens From Authoritarian States Introduction LYMEC held its first policy debate online on Wednesday 26 October. The theme of the debate was how to deal with citizens from authoritarian states. We had...