Call for LYMEC Project Assistant
We hereby open the call for a full-time long-term project assistant position to work in LYMEC’s Office in Brussels (starting with a trial period of six months) starting the latest at the beginning of April 2022.
Apply before the 1st of March 2022 at 14 h CET (Brussels time)!
The European Liberal Youth is looking for a project assistant for a starting trial period of six months with a full-time work contract in Belgium.
The successful candidate will be working in LYMEC’s office in Brussels together with the Secretary General from the beginning of April 2022.
The project assistant will support the Secretary General in support 'in the day-to-day running of the organisation, including project management, communication, supporting our Individual Member Section and performing administrative tasks.
The selected candidate will be strongly involved in the work related to the content, the logistics of our events (including statutory meetings) and projects (for example with ELF) but also social media.
Key information about the position:
- Salary: This is a full-time contract (37,5 hours per week), salary based on the market standard for a junior position. The initial contract will be for six months. If both parties agree, this can be extended by another year with the possibility to move to a permanent contract afterwards.
- Place of work: LYMEC office, Ixelles, Brussels
- Working hours: 09-17h, occasional working weekends (travel is covered by the organisation)
- Many opportunities to travel in Europe to organise events
We are looking for a candidate who must be:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of work experience or several relevant internships
- Politically literate
- Have a strong interest in European politics and knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions
- Aligned with the broad principles of the organisation - liberalism
- Well organized when it comes to office work, project and event management
- Problem solving approach
- Sound financial knowledge and budget management skills
- Experience with managing project and events with around 10k budget
- Available to travel for work (costs covered by the organisation)
- Experienced in using social media for communication
- Worked previously on newsletters and managing databases
- Fluent in English
The candidate we are looking for would ideally also:
- Have at least passive skills in French and/or Dutch
- Have experience in working in an international team and office environment
- Have experience with web development, graphic design and/or video editing
- Previous knowledge/experience of the organisation is a plus (for example coming from a member/member organisation of LYMEC)
What we offer:
- Full-time work contract in Belgium with junior salary level completed by meal vouchers.
- A vantage point to European policy-making and a great opportunity for networking in the liberal family.
- A learning opportunity in a pan-European organisation working with people from diverse backgrounds in the Staff and in the Bureau.
- Opportunity to travel for work in different parts of Europe (COVID-19 allowing and depending on restrictions).
- Send a one-page motivation letter and your CV in English to [email protected], cc to [email protected] by 1 March 2022 at 14 h CET (Brussels time).
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed depending on availability before 18 March 2022.
- Answers will be sent by 21 March 2022 the latest.
- Starting date is expected to be during the week of 4 April 2022.
- For any questions, please contact the Secretary General: [email protected]
- Late applications will be automatically declined!
- LYMEC does not cover relocation expenses, health insurance or accommodation.
- Applications will be made anonymous for the rest of the recruitment process (no name, picture, country or affiliation will be made known to the rest of recruiters) in accordance with our Equality and Diversity plan.
Leave your comment
President: Dan-Aria Sucuri (Sweden) Vice-President: Ines Holzegger (Austria) Treasurer: Tuuli Helind (Estonia) Bureau members: Laia Comerma (Catalonia, Spain), Alexandre Servais (Belgium), Ellinor Juth (Finland) and Tanzer Yuseinov (Bulgaria) + Sec...
LYMEC Welcomes Outcomes on the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE) On Europe Day (9 May), the final report following the Conference on the Future of Europe was published. The Conference on the Future of Europe began on 10 March 2021 and aimed t...
Yesterday, the European Parliament adopted Renew Europe's demand to create transnational lists in the EP elections. LYMEC has been working for transnational lists for years. The possibility to vote for a candidate in another EU country would improve Eur...