August 27 2022
Digital Assembly 2022 #2
August 27, 2022 at 6:00pm - 9pm
Digital Assembly 2022 #2
Registrations are now closed!
Dear liberal friends,
It is time for our second Digital Assembly for LYMEC in 2022. This event (already our 5th) will take place online on Saturday, 27 August at 10 h CEST (Brussels time). In an attempt to be more transparent to our member organisations, we would like to increase the amount of opportunities to meet the current leadership and to discuss together the main issues we are facing today in Europe.
The agenda will be as follows:
Part A will be dedicated to the Bureau presenting what has been done so far in the mandate (since the Electoral Spring Congress in May 2022) and what the plans for the coming months are, especially in light of the European Year of the Youth 2022. This will be primarily an opportunity for delegations to ask questions and share their concerns with the current leadership. Questions or comments for Part A can be sent to [email protected] anytime ahead of the event or you can simply ask for the floor during the event.
Part B will deal with the latest proposals for resolutions of the working group on the renewal of our Policy book. We are focusing this time on Chapter 5, 6, 7 and 8 of our Policy book. The outcomes are available here and you will be able to submit your amendments and proposals for discussion to our Policy Officer ahead of the Assembly. This discussion will aim at finding compromises, creating alliances, exchange views and prepare the work for Congress. In no way the discussions will have a binding effect, resolutions will be debated and adopted at our next Congress. Amendments to resolutions should still be tabled for the Congress. However, the opinion of the Assembly will be transmitted as announcement during the working groups on resolutions taking place before the next Congress. All delegates will be able to intervene in the discussions following the rules of procedures in place. Questions or comments for Part B including your proposals/amendments can be directly sent to both [email protected] and [email protected].
The proposals/amendments should be:
- Directly related to the outcomes of the policy book renewal
- Mention the sentence/words amended in the existing text
- Clearly specify the nature of the amendment (addition, replacement or deletion)
- Wording of the change should be clear
- Add a short justification (two sentences maximum)
- The meeting will start at 10 h CET (Brussels time) and end around 12 h 30 CET - TEMPTATIVE.
- The event will take place fully online on Zoom conferencing platform.
- Registrations will open on Friday, 8 July 2022.
- End of the registrations: Wednesday, 10 August 2022 at 14 h (CEST).
- Working group outcomes available: Tuesday, 16 August 2022, end of the day (CEST).
- End of amendments to the proposals: Monday, 22 August 2022, end of the day (CEST).
- Amended proposals shared with the delegates: Wednesday, 24 August 2022, end of the day (CEST).
- Digital Assembly: Saturday, 27 August 2022.
- Registrations are now closed!
- LYMEC MOs and IMS only
- Up to 6 delegates can be registered for full member organisations
- Up to 3 delegates can be registered for associate member organisations
- Delegates and Steering Committee for IMS (in case of additional spaces more IMS might be accepted)
- Deadline to register is Wednesday, 10 August 2022 at 14 h (CEST).
- Please wait for official confirmation of your attendance after the deadline
The event will be fully online and no participation fee will be requested.
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC***