It’s election time for the individual members! This year, in accordance with the statutes update in Vilnius, you will elect not only 3 IMS delegates but also 2 representatives to the very first LYMEC IMS Steering Committee!
Timeline for the elections
Tuesday 8 January: Call for nominations
Friday 18 January: Deadline for nominations
Monday 21.1: Announcement of candidates, launch of election website
5.2 noon (CET) – 8.2 noon (CET): Online elections
LYMEC’s individual members currently hold 3 votes at LYMEC congresses and are therefore represented by three congress delegates. The delegates are elected for a civil year and in accordance with the statutes:
Article 14 – Individual member Congress delegates
(1) The individual members shall elect individual member delegates to the Congress. These delegates have the right to vote at the Congress. They are elected for a civil year.
(2) Elections take place electronically. The elections will last three days and will end at least eight weeks before the Spring Congress starts. Elections and requests for candidacy shall be announced to all individual members at least four weeks before the start of the elections.
(3) Delegates must themselves be individual members, with their term expiring at the end of the civil year. Their duties towards LYMEC and the individual members shall be properly specified by the internal rules of the Individual Members’ Section.
The tasks and duties of the IMS delegates are to represent the Individual Members at the statutory meetings of LYMEC, to coordinate the IMS input at these meetings: resolutions, motions and amendments, and to liaise with the Steering Committee.
The IMS delegates are expected to attend both LYMEC congresses 2019: 5-7 April in Brussels, Belgium and 25-27 October in London, United Kingdom.
The statutory update at the Vilnius Congress 2018 introduced a new body to the IMS, the Steering Committee. Normally the Steering Committee would be elected in the spring after the Bureau elections, but in order to get the new body up and running an internal motion was passed to allow for a half-term Steering Committee to be set up from January 2019 until the next Bureau elections in 2020. In accordance with the statutes, the Steering Committee has three members: one appointed Bureau member and two elected individual members:
Article 15 – Individual Members Steering Committee
(1) The Individual Member Steering Committee coordinates and organises the Individual Members Section. Its specific duties and rights are specified in the internal rules of the Individual Members’ Section.
(2) The Steering Committee is composed of a bureau member appointed by the bureau and two individual members elected for a term of two years.
The Steering Committee is the organization body of the individual members. It steers, coordinates, oversees and animates the individual members’ section. It liaises with the Bureau for strategic development. The Steering Committee represents individual members.
As this is the first ever Steering Committee for LYMEC IMS, we are looking for candidates who are motivated to develop the working structures of the Steering Committee and implement the IMS reform and are able to dedicate sufficient time for it.
Deadline for applications for both IMS delegates and the Steering Committee is Friday, 18 January.
To apply, please send the following materials to [email protected]:
- A motivation letter
- Your CV
- A picture (minimum 300*300 pixels)
- A short (max 50 word) motivation for the website
Please indicate clearly which position (IMS delegate / Steering Committee) you are applying for.
NB: The CVs will be available on the LYMEC webpage for the duration of the elections, so please refrain from including personal data such as address, phone number etc.
All candidates will be presented on an election website that will open on January 21st. An online debate between the candidates will also be organised before the elections, exact dates will be determined in consultation with the candidates.
All Individual Members who have paid their membership fee by January 18 are eligible to run and vote in the elections. If you are unsure about the status of your membership, log in on the website, or contact the Secretary General ([email protected]).
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Secretary General.
Leave your comment
The ALDE Party is looking for a Youth Liaison trainee to join the ALDE Secretariat to work on youth related files in cooperation with the Engagement Unit of the Party. You will be able to get insights in European policy developments, youth politics, a...
EXTENDED DEADLINE is 29 November 2021 at 10 h CET (Brussels time) Renewal of the LYMEC Working Groups! Fancy being in the midst of policy developments and spearheading key changes within LYMEC? Then why not engage in one or two of the four available...