Date(s) - 30/01/2021
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Dear liberal friends,
We would like to wish you a very happy New Year 2021!
We continue with our new concept of the Digital Assembly of LYMEC. This event will take place online on Saturday, January 30 at 10 h CET (Brussels time).
In an attempt to open to our member organisations and increase transparency, we would like to increase the amount of opportunities to meet the current leadership and discuss together the main issues we are facing today in Europe.
The agenda will be as follows:
- Part A will be dedicated to the Bureau presenting what has been done so far in the mandate and what the plans for the coming months are. This will be primarily an opportunity for delegations to ask questions and share their concerns with the current leadership.
Questions or comments for Part A can be sent to email@example.com ahead of the event or you can simply ask for the floor during the event.
- Part B will deal with the proposals for resolutions of the working group on the renewal of our policy book. The outcomes of the last process will be available soon and you will be able to send your amendments and proposals for discussion to our Policy Officer ahead of the assembly (deadline is 24 January 2021, end of the day). This discussion will aim at finding compromises, creating alliances, exchange views and prepare the work for Congress. In no way the discussions will have a binding effect, resolutions will be debated and adopted at our next Congress. Amendments to resolutions should still be tabled for the Congress. However, the opinion of the assembly will be transmitted as announcement during the working groups on resolutions taking place before the next Congress. All delegates will be able to intervene in the discussions following the rules of procedures in place.
Questions or comments for Part B including your proposals (before the deadline) can be directly sent to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
The proposals/amendments should be:
- Directly related to the outcomes of the policy book renewal
- Mention the sentence/words amended in the existing text
- Clearly specify the nature of the amendment (addition, replacement or deletion)
- Wording of the change should be clear
- Add a short justification (two sentences maximum)
The meeting will start at 10 h CET (Brussels time) and end around 14 h CET.
The event will take place on Zoom online conferencing platform.
End of the registrations: 22 January, end of the day (23 h 30 CET).
End of amendments to the proposals: 24 January, end of the day.
Amended proposals to delegates: before 27 January 2021.
Digital Assembly: 30 January 2021.
- Through the website with log in at the bottom of this page (Register Now!)
- LYMEC MOs and IMS only
- IO + 2 delegates for full member organisations
- IO + 1 delegate for associate member organisations
- Delegates and Steering Committee for IMS
- Registrations will close on 22 January, end of the day (23 h 30 CET).
- Please wait for official confirmation of your attendance after the deadline.
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC***