Date(s) - 13/11/2020 - 15/11/2020
COVID-19 contingency disclaimer
Criteria according to which we move from an in-person/hybrid event to a fully digital one:
- We follow closely and evaluate the situation through the reopen EU page to check restrictions.
- We advice for representatives from risk groups not to come but rather connect online for the events (possibility to be hybrid will be offered – also in case of restrictions). Please let us know at least 3 weeks before the event if you have such a need.
- If more than 30% of the organisations are unable to attend in person due to restrictions then we move the discussion under alert – emergency planning with the Bureau potentially moving it online.
- Representatives attending should commit to not come if sick/with symptoms or were in close contact with a sick person. Then, no show fees won’t apply.
- Event specific regular updates on a weekly basis on the website page will be made starting second part of August.
Welcome to the LYMEC Autumn Congress 2020 website!
The LYMEC 2020 Autumn Congress will take place between the 13 and 15 of November 2020 in Paris, France.
There is no pre-Congress seminar. The Congress will start on Friday around noon and end on Sunday around noon in order to have 2 complete days.
8 weeks before the Congress/ Friday, 18 September 2020
• Date and location of the Congress
• Proposed agenda of the Congress
• Proposal of Statutory changes
• Proposal of changes of Congress Rules
• Applications for full membership
• Application for associate membership
• Changes in member organisations
• Programme of Action
• Proposal to expel or suspend membership
° Membership fee proposal for 2021
4 weeks before the Congress/ Friday, 16 October 2020
• Annual Financial Report
• Annual Budget
• Annual report and Bureau reports
• Motions and resolutions
• Applications for reduced membership fees and payment arrangements
° Proposal of the new Secretary General
2 weeks before the Congress/ Friday, 30 October 2020
• Internal auditors’ report
1 week before the Congress/ Friday, 6 November 2020
• Amendments to motions and resolutions
Before the start of the Congress
• Amendments to amendments of motions and resolutions
• Urgent resolutions
As all LYMEC events, this Congress also applies the rules of late cancellation and no show fees: Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the event leads to a late cancellation fee of 50 euro, and cancellation less than 48 hours prior to the event or not attending at all leads to a no-show fee of 100 euro.
Delegates should be of 18 years of age because of insurance reasons. Please make sure that you know your username and password as these are needed to login and register. If you have trouble with the registration, please contact the office. The requests will be handled as soon as possible during office opening hours (Mon-Thu 09-17, Fri 09-14:30).
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC.***