Date(s) - 13/11/2020 - 15/11/2020
COVID-19 contingency disclaimer
Criteria according to which we move from an in-person/hybrid event to a fully digital one:
- We follow closely and evaluate the situation through the reopen EU page to check restrictions.
- We advice for representatives from risk groups not to come but rather connect online for the events (possibility to be hybrid will be offered – also in case of restrictions).
- If more than 30% of the organisations are unable to attend in person due to restrictions then we move the discussion under alert – emergency planning with the Bureau potentially moving it online.
- Representatives attending should commit to not come if sick/with symptoms or were in close contact with a sick person. Then, no show fees won’t apply.
- Event specific regular updates on a weekly basis on the website page will be made starting second part of August.
Welcome to the LYMEC Autumn Congress 2020 website!
The LYMEC 2020 Autumn Congress will take place between the 13 and 15 of November 2020 Online.
There is no pre-Congress seminar. The Congress will start on Friday around noon and end on Sunday around noon in order to have 2 complete days.
Due to COVID-19, this Congress will take place fully online.
Registrations are now closed.
- Congress starts at 17 h CET and ends at 19 h on Friday 13 November 2020
- Congress starts at 10 h and ends at 17 h 30 CET on Saturday 14 November 2020
8 weeks before the Congress/ Friday, 18 September 2020
• Date and location of the Congress
• Proposed agenda of the Congress
• Proposal of Statutory changes
• Proposal of changes of Congress Rules
• Applications for full membership
• Application for associate membership
• Changes in member organisations
• Programme of Action
° Proposal to expel or suspend membership
° Membership fee proposal for 2021
4 weeks before the Congress/ Friday, 16 October 2020
• Annual Financial Report
• Annual Budget
• Annual report and Bureau reports
• Motions and resolutions
• Applications for reduced membership fees and payment arrangements
° Proposal of the new Secretary General
2 weeks before the Congress/ Friday, 30 October 2020
• Internal auditors’ report
1 week before the Congress/ Friday, 6 November 2020
• Amendments to motions and resolutions
Before the start of the Congress
• Amendments to amendments of motions and resolutions
• Urgent resolutions
As all LYMEC events, this Congress also applies the rules of late cancellation and no show fees: Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the event leads to a late cancellation fee of 50 euro, and cancellation less than 48 hours prior to the event or not attending at all leads to a no-show fee of 100 euro.
Due to COVID-19 and the numerous restrictions in place in Europe, the Congress will be hybrid (both in-person and online components). You can register one delegate to represent your organisation in-person and an additional number of up to 4 delegates to connect online for full member organisations and 2 delegates online for associate member organisations for this event.
For the IMS, Individual members can register to attend online, only the Steering Committee members and the delegates are invited to attend in-person.
An organisation can of course decide to attend fully online (if not willing to send any delegate or travel restrictions don’t allow it) with all its representatives (up to 5).
Please specify in the registration form under the “comments” section!
Delegates should be of 18 years of age because of insurance reasons. Please make sure that you know your username and password as these are needed to login and register. If you have trouble with the registration, please contact the office. The requests will be handled as soon as possible during office opening hours (Mon-Thu 09-17, Fri 09-14:30).
Please don’t book any travels before you receive an official confirmation from the secretariat explicitly mentioning the confirmation of your physical participation to the Congress.
The fee for congress including accommodation in single rooms Friday-Sunday and meals, is 130 EUR.
If you are already based in Paris or for other reasons are not in need of accommodation, the participation fee for Congress is 75 EUR.
Applications for reduced participation fee must be submitted by the registrations deadline together with the application to Congress (case by case decisions). Please send the request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take into account the overall cost of your participation to the Congress before registering (participation and travel costs).
The Freedom Fund
The Bureau is happy to be able to continue the use of the LYMEC Freedom Fund, making it possible for even more member organisations to be present at our Congresses!
The Freedom Fund will provide financially strained member organisations with a travel reimbursement for participation in LYMEC Congresses. The aim is to increase the democratic aspect of the Congress by enabling more member organisations to exercise their voting rights and take part in the highest decision-making body of the organisation.
Deadline for applications was 15 September 2020 at 16 h CEST (Brussels time) together with Congress applications!
To apply please send your request to email@example.com with the requested information and documents.
We ask applicants to explain the circumstances and reasons of their request, the amount they would be seeking and to take into account the opportunity to get reduced participation fee.
The Bureau decided the following:
- Joves Liberals d’Andorra – 100 EUR
- Nowoczesna Youth – 100 EUR
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC.***
Bookings are closed for this event.