Date(s) - 03/04/2020 - 05/04/2020
1:00 pm - 12:00 pm
Skopje, North Macedonia
+++++ Register now – Deadline: 24 January 2020 at 14 h Brussels time (CET) +++++
The LYMEC Spring Congress 2020 will be organised in Skopje, North Macedonia.
The Congress will mainly focus on the election of the new Bureau of LYMEC.
It will start on Friday 3 April 2020 in the afternoon and end on Saturday night. Sunday is for travel back.
There is no pre-Congress seminar this year.
8 weeks before the Congress/ 7 February 2020:
• Date and location of the Congress
• Proposed agenda of the Congress
• Proposal of Statutory changes
• Proposal of changes of Congress Rules
• Applications for full membership
• Application for associate membership
• Changes in member organisations
• Programme of Action
• Proposal to expel or suspend membership
4 weeks before the Congress/ 6 March 2020:
° Application to become member of the Bureau and other positions
• Annual Financial Report with external Auditors report
• Annual Budget
• Approval of new external Auditor
• Annual report
• Bureau reports
• Motions and resolutions
• Applications for reduced membership fees and payment arrangements
• Proposal of the new Secretary General
2 weeks before the Congress/ 20 March 2020:
• Internal auditors’ report
° Presentation of the Bureau candidates
1 week before the Congress/ 27 March 2020:
• Amendments to motions and resolutions
Before the start of the Congress
• Amendments to amendments of motions and resolutions
• Urgent resolutions
Friday 3 april 2020
13 h: Welcome of the participants starts
14-16 h: Working Group I – main conference room
14-16 h: Working Group II – smaller conference room
16 h-17 h: Coffee break
16 h 00- 16 h 30: Newbies session – main conference room
17 h 00: Opening of the Congress with speeches
19 h 00: Closing
20 h 00 Dinner
Saturday 4 april 2020
9 h 00: Start of the Congress
11 h 00-11 h 15: Coffee break
13 h 00-14 h 00: Lunch
15 h 30- 15 h 45: Coffee break
17 h 30: End of the Congress
20 h: Dinner
Sunday 5 april 2020
10 h 00 – 12 h 00: Handover meeting with the new Bureau
Since this year we have an electoral Spring Congress, the LYMEC Bureau decided to lower participation costs to ensure equal opportunities in attendance.
The fee for congress including accommodation in double rooms Friday-Sunday and meals, is 120 EUR.
If you are already based in Skopje or for other reasons are not in need of accommodation, the participation fee for Congress is 75 EUR.
Applications for reduced participation fee must be submitted by the registrations deadline together with the application to Congress (case by case decisions).
Please take into account the overall cost of your participation to the Congress before registering (participation and travel costs).
The application deadline will be on Friday 24 January 2020 at 14 h 00 CET.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Do not book any travels before receiving a confirmation by the Secretariat that your application has been accepted. This should happen after the registrations are closed!
Please note that there are limited places both to the congress. Member organisations should clearly indicate the order of preference (priority) of the delegates. We guarantee 3 spots for full member organisations and 2 spots for associate member organisations for congress, the rest will be distributed among the organisations in accordance to voting rights. IMS are guaranteed spots for the three delegates, the Steering Committee and six individual members on top of that, selected in accordance with this criteria.
The Bureau is happy to be able to continue the use of the LYMEC Freedom Fund, making it possible for even more member organisations to be present at our congresses!
The Freedom Fund will provide financially strained member organisations with a travel reimbursement for participation in LYMEC congresses. The aim is to increase the democratic aspect of the congress by enabling more member organisations to exercise their voting rights and take part in the highest decision-making body of the organisation. Deadline for applications is Friday 24 January 2020 at 14 h CET together with Congress applications!
We ask applicants to explain the circumstances and reasons of their request, the amount they would be seeking and to take into account the opportunity to get reduced participation fee.
As all LYMEC events, this seminar also applies the rules of late cancellation and no show fees: Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the event leads to a late cancellation fee of 50 euro, and cancellation less than 48 hours prior to the event or not attending at all leads to a no-show fee of 100 euro.
Delegates should be of 18 years of age because of insurance reasons. Please make sure that you know your username and password as these are needed to login and register. If you have trouble with the registration, please contact the office. The requests will be handled as soon as possible during office opening hours (Mon-Thu 09-17, Fri 09-14:30).
This is an electoral congress, meaning we will elect a new leadership for LYMEC.
According to the statutes, the process is the following:
Article 22 – Composition and election of the Bureau
(1) The Bureau consists of:
- The President
- The Vice President
- The Treasurer
- Four other Bureau members
(2) Candidates for the Bureau may be put forward by full member organisations or an individual member. All members of full member organisations and individual members of LYMEC can be put forward as a candidate for the Bureau.
(3) Candidates to the Bureau must be between 18 and 33 years of age on the date of the election. A mailing, introducing all candidates that supplied the secretariat with the necessary material at least four weeks prior to the Congress, shall be sent out at the latest 2 weeks before the Congress.
(4) Members of the Bureau are elected by secret ballot for a regular Bureau period of two years according to the procedure specified in the Congress Rules. Bureau members elected in a by-election serve until the end of the regular period. The introduction of all candidates shall be arranged by the Chair during the Congress.
(5) Bureau members who have not attended at least half of the meetings in the twelve months following their election will be subject to a vote of confidence by the next Congress.
For further information on the electoral procedures, please see chapter VII of the Electoral Rules.
In order to facilitate the electoral process, an Election website will be created. To be included in the website and mailing, the candidates must send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 6th, 12 pm (noon) CET, applications can still be received at a later stage but they won’t be published:
- Motivation letter clearly stating what position (president/vice president/treasurer/bureau member) the person is running for
- A short (max 60 words) statement on why they are running (for the website)
- A nomination letter from the Member Organisation (not applicable for Individual Members)
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC. The European Liberal Forum might also use the pictures, video or audio in their communications.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC.***
Bookings are closed for this event.