Date(s) - 23/04/2021 - 24/04/2021
Registrations are now closed!
Welcome to the LYMEC Spring Congress 2021 website!
The Bureau decided to have the 2021 Spring Congress online. Because of dangerous mutations of the virus, young people being the last to be vaccinated, news on closing borders and increasing restrictions in many European countries, it is highly unpredictable to be able to bring together around 100 people in the same place and ensure that close contact can be restrained.
The Bureau is therefore taking the responsible decision to favor people’s health and moves the next Congress online.
The LYMEC 2021 Spring Congress will take place between the 23 and 24 of April 2021.
There is no pre-Congress seminar. The Congress will start on Friday and end on Saturday.
- Friday 23 April 2021 – afternoon from 16 h to 19 h CET, Brussels time
- Saturday 24 April 2021 – the whole day from 10 h to 18 h CET, Brussels time with 1 h lunch break.
8 weeks before the Congress/ 26 February 2021
• Date and location of the Congress
• Proposed agenda of the Congress
• Proposal of Statutory changes
• Proposal of changes of Congress Rules
• Applications for full membership
• Application for associate membership
• Changes in member organisations
• Proposal to expel or suspend membership
4 weeks before the Congress/ 26 March 2021
• Annual Financial Report 2020 with external Auditors report + Financial Report Jan-Apr 2021
• Annual updated Budget 2021
• Annual report and Bureau reports
• Motions and resolutions
• Applications for reduced membership fees, debt reductions and payment arrangements
2 weeks before the Congress/ 9 April 2021:
• Internal auditors’ report
1 week before the Congress/ 16 April 2021:
• Amendments to motions and resolutions
Before the start of the Congress
• Amendments to amendments of motions and resolutions
• Urgent resolutions
Working Groups on resolutions
- Saturday, 17 April 2021
- From 10 h 30 till 14 h 30 CET, Brussels time
- Friday, 16 April 2021
- Between 16 h and 17 h CET, Brussels time
As all LYMEC events, this Congress also applies the rules of late cancellation and no show fees: Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the event leads to a late cancellation fee of 25 euro, and cancellation less than 48 hours prior to the event or not attending at all leads to a no-show fee of 50 euro.
Registrations – Registrations are now closed!
The Congress will take place fully online on the Zoom conferencing platform.
You can register 5 delegates to connect online for full member organisations and 3 delegates for associate member organisations for this event.
For the IMS, Individual members can register to attend. If too many IMS apply, we will proceed with a selection in accordance with this criteria. The Steering Committee members and the delegates are expected to register and attend.
Please give your postal address in the registration form if you wish to receive the LYMEC surprise.
Delegates should be of 18 years of age because of insurance reasons. Please make sure that you know your username and password as these are needed to login and register. If you have trouble with the registration, please contact the office. The requests will be handled as soon as possible during office opening hours (Mon-Thu 09-17, Fri 09-14:30).
There are no participation fees for this Congress and no travel will be needed.
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC.***
Bookings are closed for this event.