it’s become time for you to choose your three delegates to represent the section at the 2018 congresses!
The IMS delegates also coordinate IMS activities (in cooperation with the LYMEC Bureau and with the assistance of the IMS Council) and answer questions from current or potential members with regards to both LYMEC and IMS, so as to provide a better understanding of what LYMEC and the IMS are, what they do, and what they stand for.
Deadline for applications is 31 January, 12 pm (noon) CET.
To apply, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A motivation letter
- Your CV
- A picture (minimum 300*300 pixels)
- A short (max 50 word) motivation for the website
All candidates will be presented on an election website that will open on February 2 the latest.
Please keep in mind that being an IMS delegate is a one year commitment and you will have responsibilities. Please double-check your duties in our IMS Internal Rules.
The election Mandatory Meeting to question the candidates will be held on Skype between 3-9 February (exact date tbc after the application deadline).
The elections will run from Saturday, 10 February noon until Tuesday, February 13 noon.
The elections will be conducted online, in accordance with the statutes of the organisation:
Article 14 – Individual member Congress delegates
(1) The individual members shall elect individual member delegates to the Congress. These delegates have the right to vote at the Congress.
(2) Elections take place electronically. Elections and requests for candidacy shall be announced to all individual members at least eight weeks before the spring congress. The elections will last three days and will end at least four weeks before the Spring Congress starts.
(3) Delegates must themselves be individual members, with their term expiring at the start of the first Congress of the subsequent year. Their duties towards LYMEC and the individual members shall be properly specified by internal rules of the Individual Members’ Section; the LYMEC Bureau shall guarantee the existence of such rules and oversee their correct application.
All Individual Members who have paid their membership fee by January 31 are eligible to run and vote in the elections. If you are unsure about the status of your membership, log in on the website, or contact the Secretary General (email@example.com).
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Secretary General, or one of the current delegates, Jorge, Benjamin or Zeneda.