June 16 2023 - June 18 2023
Liberal Hack 2023
June 16, 2023 at 10:00am - June 18, 2023
Liberal Hack 2023
This event is set to take place in Ayia Napa, Cyprus from 16 to 18 June 2023.
The Liberal Hack 2023 aims to challenge our young liberals to explore how to take an active part in shaping Europe’s future in the field of environment, energy and climate change. Participants will gain a more detailed understanding of the European Green Deal goals, while taking the opportunity to discuss environment and energy issues and find actionable solutions. Our target audience is young European liberals (aged 18-35), primarily members of LYMEC Member Organisations and Individual Members, but also ELF members, NGOs and think tanks and the general public.
During the Hackathon, four teams of four young liberals from all over Europe will discuss proposals for making Europe energetically independent as well as the first climate-neutral continent. They will focus on one specific environmental issue and find an actionable solution. In order to express their group preference, they will be able to rank the topics in the registration form.
The four main environmental issues our teams are going to deal with are:
- Powering a sustainable future: Renewable and Nuclear Energy solutions
- Tackling Deforestation through innovation
- Circular Economy: maximising value and minimising waste
- Sustainable Transportation for an accessible Mobility
The main outcomes of the Liberal Hack 2023 will be organised in a booklet to be advertised and distributed to relevant policy-makers, so as to have a bigger societal impact and communication outreach. The booklet will include the knowledge on all the actionable solutions tackled during the event, their effects on the environment and tips on how to use them in the next future. Be ready to challenge yourself and do your best - the winning team will get a special prize!
- Please complete the following form available here before Monday, 3 April 2023 at 14h00 CET (Brussels time).
- The applicant must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
Travel reimbursement and no participation fee:
- There will be no participation costs, meals and accommodation will be covered. Accommodation is foreseen in double shared rooms.
- There will be at least partial travel refunds up to 250,00 EUR per person, participants must buy their own tickets and request a reimbursement after the event. Please keep all original receipts, tickets, invoices and boarding passes.
- As all LYMEC related events, this seminar also applies the rules of late cancellation and no show fees: Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to each event leads to a late cancellation fee of 25 EUR, and cancellation less than 48 hours prior to each event or not attending at all leads to a no show fee of 50 EUR.
- We are happy to look into alternative ways of participating in our events for economically difficult, disabled or less literate participants in order to maximise the opportunities for all. Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to look into the possibilities available.
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) and ELF (European Liberal Forum) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC. The European Liberal Forum might also use the pictures, video or audio in their communications.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC and European Liberal Forum to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make it clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC or ELF.***
Follow-up event will take place with a Member of the European Parliament from the Renew Europe Group for the winning team in an online format.
“Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or European Commission. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.”