October 06 2023 - October 08 2023
LYMEC4EU Communications Meeting
October 06, 2023 at 9:00am - October 08, 2023
LYMEC4EU Communications Meeting
We are very happy to open the call to register for our first ever LYMEC4EU Communications Meeting in-person in Sofia, Bulgaria, from 6 to 8 October 2023.
Registrations are now closed!
With the LYMEC4EU Communications Meeting we are bringing together the talented liberals of our Communications team and Libertas Editorial Team for an in-person gathering. This event is not only an opportunity to shape LYMEC's Communications Strategy ahead of the 2024 EU Elections, but also a chance to receive training from experts on different fields of political communications, digital techniques and tools, editing of news and reporting political events on social media.
By fostering cooperation among young liberals, best practice sharing and professional training, we aim to empower our teams, equip them with new skills and create a roadmap for effective communication in the political landscape. As an added-value to the programme, LYMEC is cooperating with YMRF and MRF Bulgaria and the ALDE Party.
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- 6-8 October 2023
- Focus on political communications professional training ahead of the EU Elections 2024
- Campaigning for the EU elections
- Digital communications for political campaigns
- The power of Storytelling
- Reporting political news on social media
- The role of the Editor in news production
- Registrations are now closed!
- Deadline to apply is Sunday, 20 August at 14 h CEST (Brussels time).
- The applicant must be between 18 and 35 years of age and a member of either the LYMEC Communications Team or the Libertas Editorial Team. Participants need to be minimum 18 years old at the start of the event.
Travel reimbursement and no participation fee:
- There will be no participation costs. Meals and accommodation will be covered. Accommodation is foreseen in double shared rooms for 2 nights (Fri-Sun) - breakfast included.
- There will be at least partial travel refunds up to 250,00 EUR per person, participants must buy their own tickets and request a reimbursement after the event. Please keep all original receipts, tickets, invoices and boarding passes.
- We are happy to look into alternative ways of participating in our events for economically difficult, disabled or less literate participants in order to maximise the opportunities for all. Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to look into the possibilities available.
Cancellation and fees:
If a participant cancels participation within three (3) weeks before the starting date of the
event, the participant will be charged a cancellation fee of:
- 50 euros, if participation is cancelled between two (2) and three (3) weeks prior to
the start of the event;
- 75 euros, if participation is cancelled between two (2) weeks and forty-eight (48)
hours prior to the start of the event.
Cancellation within 48 hours prior to the event is considered a no-show:
- If a participation fee was charged for the event, a no-show fee of 50 euros will be charged on
top of the participation fee.
- If no participation fees were charged for the event, a no-show fee of 100 euros will be
Applicants consent their data to be transferred to the granting authority of the European Commission under the Portal Privacy Statement within the strictly necessary limits for implementing, managing and monitoring the Agreement. The Portal Privacy Statement is available here. You can always contact [email protected] for more information or in case of data erasure request.
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make it clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC***
“Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or European Commission. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.”