November 18 2022 - November 20 2022
LYMEC Autumn Congress 2022
November 18, 2022 at 12:00pm - November 20, 2022
LYMEC Autumn Congress 2022
The LYMEC Bureau has decided to organise the next LYMEC Autumn Congress 2022 between 18-20 November 2022 in Bucharest, Romania.
The event will take place between Friday, 18 November 2022 (starting early afternoon) and Sunday, 20 November 2022 (end of the Congress on Saturday night).
This event is co-funded by the Renew Europe Group in the European Parliament.
You can find here both (available soon):
- the documentation page
- the agenda
The application deadline will be on Friday, 16 September 2022, at 10 h 00 CEST (am) (Brussels time).
Please do not book any travels before receiving a confirmation by the Secretariat that your application has been accepted. This should happen after the registrations are closed by the 23rd of September!
The general timeline is as follows:
- Monday, 29 August: Opening of the registrations
- Friday, 16 September: Deadline to register
- Friday, 23 September: 8 weeks deadline to Congress
- Friday, 7 October: 6 weeks deadline to Congress for OpenSlides
- Tuesday, 11 October: Online Q/A - information session on Openslides - TBC
- Friday, 21 October: 4 weeks deadline to Congress
- Friday, 4 November: 2 weeks deadline to Congress
- Saturday, 12 November: Online Working Groups on resolutions and amendments - TBC
Please note that just like any other Congress, there are limited places to this Congress in Bucharest.
Delegates should be of 18 years of age because of insurance reasons (and not older than 35 years at the moment of the event). We ask the International Officers to register their respective delegations (please only do it one time through the form).
If you have trouble with the registration, please contact the office ([email protected]). The requests will be handled as soon as possible during office opening hours (Mon-Thu 09-17, Fri 09-14:30).
8 weeks before the Congress - Friday, 23 September:
- Date and location of the Congress
- Proposed agenda of the Congress
- Proposal of Statutory changes
- Proposal of changes of Congress Rules
- Applications for full membership
- Application for associate membership
- Changes in member organisations
- Membership fee proposal for 2023
- Proposal to expel or suspend membership
- Programme of Action 2022-2024
4 weeks before the Congress - Friday, 21 October:
- Annual Financial Report updates 2022
- Budget proposal 2023
- Annual Budget updates 2022
- Bureau reports
- Motions and resolutions
- Applications for reduced membership fees and payment arrangements
- Approval of new external auditors
- Proposal of the new Secretary General
2 weeks before the Congress - Friday, 4 November:
- Internal auditors’ report
1 week before the Congress - Friday, 11 November:
- Amendments to motions and resolutions
Before the start of the Congress -Friday, 18 November:
- Amendments to amendments of motions and resolutions
- Urgent resolutions
As all LYMEC events, this Congress also applies the rules of late cancellation and no show fees: Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the event leads to a late cancellation fee, and cancellation less than 48 hours prior to the event or not attending at all (no show) leads to a no-show fee.
Since a participation fee will be charged, the no-show fee is 50 EUR on top of the participation fee charged for the participation.
LYMEC can assist with Visa applications for those in need. LYMEC can't cover these extraordinary expenses but will help the participants with the application processes (invitation letters). Please reach out to [email protected] if you have such a request!
Privacy and GDPR
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC. The European Liberal Forum might also use the pictures, video or audio in their communications. By registering, you consent your data to be available for administrative and financial purposes only to both the European Liberal Forum and the Renew Europe Group.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC***