To work in LYMEC’s Office for six months from April 2020.
European Liberal Youth is looking for a policy and training intern for six months under the Bruxelles Formation “convention immersion professionnelle” internship scheme.
The successful candidate will be working in LYMEC’s office in Brussels together with the Secretary General and the assistant from March until the end of August with possibility to extend.
The intern will help the Secretary General and the board of the organisation with European policy developments and execution of campaigns, trainings and special projects (planning, graphic production and implementation). Focus will be put on the policy of LYMEC.
We are looking for a candidate who must be:
- Politically literate
- Aligned with the broad principles of the organisation
- Have a strong interest in European politics and knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions
- Experienced in drafting policy briefs and background documents
- Experienced in using social media for communication
- Available to travel for work (costs covered by the organisation)
- Fluent in English
- French is an asset
- Experience with Council of Europe project/grant applications and implementation is a plus.
The candidate we are looking for would ideally also have:
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to change focus in response to changing work pace and situations is essential
- Experience in policy research and the liberal approach
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe package (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design)
What we offer:
- An internship contract (convention immersion professionnelle) for a period of six months €1000 gross monthly compensation.
- Experience in working with an international and committed team in a political organisation.
- A vantage point to European policy-making and a great opportunity for networking.
- Involvement in the LYMEC policy book review process.
- Send a one-page motivation letter and your CV in English to [email protected], cc to [email protected] by 9 March 2020 at 14 h Brussels time (CET).
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed (in person or via Skype) during the same week.
- Answers will be sent by 16 March 2020 midnight the latest.
- Expect start is beginning of April 2020.
For any questions, please contact the Secretary General: [email protected]
- LYMEC does not cover relocation expenses or accommodation.
- The successful candidate will only be hired after formal approval by Bruxelles Formation.
- Applications will be made anonymous for the rest of the recruitment process (no name, picture, country or affiliation will be made known to rest of recruiters).
November 27 2023
November 08 2023
Leave your comment
On Thursday, 23 November 2023, the Council of Ministers for Youth of the EU invited the Commission to ensure that the impacts on young people are considered in EU-wide policymaking. As part of this recommendation, ministers urged the Commission to "expl...
We are pleased to announce the annual elections for the IMS delegates for 2024, which will take place from 5 to 8 of January 2024, in light of the upcoming Electoral Spring Congress 2024 and the beginning of the new year. We are now accepting applicatio...
On Wednesday, 22 November 2023, the European Parliament adopted its own proposal for the Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) draft legislative package. As the youth wing of the ALDE Party and a platform committed to fighting subversions in the rule of la...