To work in LYMEC’s Office for six months starting at the end of January 2020.
European Liberal Youth is looking for an administrative assistant for six months under the Bruxelles Formation “convention immersion professionnelle” internship scheme.
The successful candidate will be working in LYMEC’s office in Brussels together with the Secretary General from the end of January till end of July 2020.
The assistant will support the Secretary General in daily office tasks, administration, communication and the organisation of events.
The selected candidate will be strongly involved in the work related to the content and the logistics of our events.
We are looking for a candidate who must be:
- Politically literate
- Aligned with the broad principles of the organisation
- Well organized when it comes to office work and event management
- Available to travel for work (costs covered by the organisation)
- Experienced in using social media for communication
- Fluent in English
The candidate we are looking for would ideally also:
- Have a strong interest in European politics and knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions
- Have at least passive skills in French and/or Dutch
- Have experience in working in an international team and office environment
- Have experience with web development, graphic design and/or video editing
What we offer:
- An internship contract (convention immersion professionnelle) for a fixed period of six months €800 monthly compensation.
- A vantage point to European policy-making and a great opportunity for networking in the liberal family.
- Opportunity to travel for work in different parts of Europe.
- Send a one-page motivation letter and your CV in English to [email protected], cc to [email protected] by 9 January 2020 at 12 h (Brussels time).
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed depending on availability (in person or via Skype/virtually) before 15 January 2020.
- Answers will be sent by 17 January 2020 the latest.
- Starting date is expected the week of 27 January 2020.
- For any questions, please contact the Secretary General: [email protected]
- LYMEC does not cover relocation expenses or accommodation.
- The successful candidate will only be hired after formal approval by Bruxelles Formation.
- Applications will be made anonymous for the rest of the recruitment process (no name, picture, country or affiliation will be made known to rest of recruiters).
Leave your comment
President: Dan-Aria Sucuri (Sweden) Vice-President: Ines Holzegger (Austria) Treasurer: Tuuli Helind (Estonia) Bureau members: Laia Comerma (Catalonia, Spain), Alexandre Servais (Belgium), Ellinor Juth (Finland) and Tanzer Yuseinov (Bulgaria) + Sec...
LYMEC Welcomes Outcomes on the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE) On Europe Day (9 May), the final report following the Conference on the Future of Europe was published. The Conference on the Future of Europe began on 10 March 2021 and aimed t...
Yesterday, the European Parliament adopted Renew Europe's demand to create transnational lists in the EP elections. LYMEC has been working for transnational lists for years. The possibility to vote for a candidate in another EU country would improve Eur...