September 18 2020 - September 21 2020
Young Leaders Meeting - ONLINE
September 18, 2020 at 1:00am - September 21, 2020
Young Leaders Meeting - ONLINE
Latest COVID update (28/08/20) *** Due to the restrictions in place, the conditions to organise even partially the event in-person are not in place therefore this event will be taking place fully online *** Travelling to Latvia Travelling from the following countries is allowed without restrictions: Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Slovakia, Slovenia, as well as Liechtenstein, Norway, Vatican City. An updated list of countries for which entry to Latvia is restricted is available on the Latvian Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Countries marked as red or yellow have registered infections above the allowed threshold. A list of countries for mandatory 14-day isolation upon arrival is periodically updated. Countries marked as red or yellow have registered infections above the threshold. COVID-19 contingency disclaimer Criteria according to which we move from an in-person/hybrid event to a fully digital one:
- We follow closely and evaluate the situation through the reopen EU page to check restrictions.
- We advice for representatives from risk groups not to come but rather connect online for the events (possibility to be hybrid will be offered - also in case of restrictions).
- If more than 30% of the organisations are unable to attend in person due to restrictions then we move the discussion under alert - emergency planning with the Bureau potentially moving it online.
- Representatives attending should commit to not come if sick/with symptoms or were in close contact with a sick person. Then, no show fees won’t apply.
- Event specific regular updates on a weekly basis on the website page will be made starting second part of August.
18-20 September 2020 Online This European Liberal Forum (ELF) seminar will bring together liberal youth leaders from across Europe to discuss the state of innovation and digitalisation in our societies and especially in our own organisations. The event is exclusively aimed at Presidents (or if they are not available then one Vice-President can represent) of LYMEC member organisations, as well as the Steering Committee of the IMS. Programme: Friday, 18 September 2020 Venue: Online 16:00 Opening speeches Daniel Kaddik, ELF Executive Director Antoaneta Asenova, LYMEC President Jelena Jesajana, Forum for Latvia’s Future 16:15 Agenda and objectives of the event Dan-Aria Sucuri, LYMEC Vice-President 16:30 Digital agenda and leadership in the EU Karen Melchior, MEP, Renew Europe Group 17:30 Best practice sharing on innovation and digitalisation Kevin Tammearu, Unified eXchange Platform 18:30 Wrap-up and end of the first day Saturday, 19 September 2020 Venue: Online 10:00 Capacity-building: Developing common plans for 2021 – call for a more digitalised Europe Laia Comerma, LYMEC Events and training officer 10:45 SHORT BREAK 11:00 Roundtable discussion on innovation and digitalisation Juris Pūce, chair of Latvijas Attistibai and Minister of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of Latvia 12:00 Wrap-up session Thinking beyond - Institutional reform and digitalisation Dan-Aria Sucuri, LYMEC Vice-President 12:30 END OF THE EVENT Session topics
- Digital policies and leadership in the EU
- Best practice sharing on innovation and digitalisation
- Capacity-building on how to improve the work together and initiate common plans for 2021
- Roundtable discussion on the topic of the seminar
- Common call for action and policy proposal initiation