Call for 2022 Spring Congress hosting!
EXTENDED deadline for applications is 22 November 2021 at 16 h CET (Brussels time)
The host country for our Electoral Spring Congress in 2022 will be selected at the end of this year!
We therefore launch an official call for our Full Member Organisations to apply to host the next Spring Congress 2022. Here is an overview of what is needed to host our highest statutory event:
- Strong management and project capacities for major events
- Finding venues that can accommodate up to 140 people (sitting down) and that can ensure strong wifi or cable internet connection (very important)
Proposing catering for the whole event, including coffee breaks
(dinner on Friday, lunch and dinner on Saturday)
- Making up a draft overview of costs
- 2 night accommodation for up to 140 participants (breakfast included)
List of transportation options
(Towards the hosting city, from the airport to the hotel, venue and dinner locations, by different means of transportation)
- Social programme (official event during the evenings)
A realistic timeline of the preparation of the event
(the LYMEC Office will assist you on that)
- Look for fundraising opportunities, sponsorship, co-funding and/or donations
- Local volunteers to help with logistics during the congress
- Assured coordination by the Local Head of the hosting Member Organisation and the Secretary General
The application should include:
All relevant logistical information (local and international transport options, catering, venues, accommodation and a social programme)
- Transport options: how to get to the host city from abroad by plane/train, and how to get to the venue from the airport and train stations
- Estimated price range for lunch, dinner, coffee breaks for 130-140 people
- Proposed venues for the Congress: estimated costs, other details to be considered
- Accommodation: Estimated price range for double/twin rooms
- A short presentation of the team
- A proposed timeline for the preparations - please also communicate if there are any known election dates in the given location/country in the Spring
The practical details to consider:
- The Spring Congress should be organised between 20-22 May 2022. Keep in mind that it is an Electoral Congress!
- The Congress should accommodate up to 130-140 persons
- If there are several Full Member Organisations in a country we expect a joint application
- Deadline for applications is 22 November 2021 at 16 h CET (Brussels time)
- Applications are to be sent by email to [email protected], cc: [email protected]
- We will only consider applications from Full Member Organisations
- Final decision will be made by the LYMEC Bureau on 6 December 2021.
The selection criteria will be:
- Accessibility of the location for non-EU countries’ members to ensure equal access to the Electoral Congress - connectedness
- State of the current restrictions in the country - especially when it comes to non-EU citizens
- Hybrid capabilities and budgetary considerations
- Strong local support with available team
We look forward to your applications!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Secretary General at [email protected].
Leave your comment
EXTENDED DEADLINE is 29 November 2021 at 10 h CET (Brussels time) Renewal of the LYMEC Working Groups! Fancy being in the midst of policy developments and spearheading key changes within LYMEC? Then why not engage in one or two of the four available...
Please find the official document here! Since its announcement, the European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) has welcomed the Conference on the Future of Europe as an opportunity for every citizen, and especially the youth, to be involved in shaping a common ...