July 03 2021
Digital Assembly 2021- IIlymec
July 03, 2021 at 10:00am - 2pm
Digital Assembly 2021- II
Dear liberal friends,
We hope you are keeping safe and healthy!
We continue with our concept of the Digital Assembly of LYMEC. This event (already our 3rd) will take place online on Saturday, July 3 at 10 h CEST (Brussels time). In an attempt to open to our member organisations and increase transparency, we would like to increase the amount of opportunities to meet the current leadership and discuss together the main issues we are facing today in Europe.
The agenda will be as follows:
Part A will be dedicated to the Bureau presenting what has been done so far in the mandate (since the last Congress) and what the plans for the coming months are. This will be primarily an opportunity for delegations to ask questions and share their concerns with the current leadership. Questions or comments for Part A can be sent to [email protected] anytime ahead of the event or you can simply ask for the floor during the event.
Part B will deal with the latest proposals for resolutions of the working group on the renewal of our Policy book. We are focusing this time on Chapter 3 of our Policy book. The outcomes are available here and you can send your amendments and proposals for discussion to our Policy Officer ahead of the Assembly (deadline is 25 June 2021, end of the day). This discussion will aim at finding compromises, creating alliances, exchange views and prepare the work for Congress. In no way the discussions will have a binding effect, resolutions will be debated and adopted at our next Congress. Amendments to resolutions should still be tabled for the Congress. However, the opinion of the Assembly will be transmitted as announcement during the working groups on resolutions taking place before the next Congress. All delegates will be able to intervene in the discussions following the rules of procedures in place. Questions or comments for Part B including your proposals (before the deadline - 25 June 2021) can be directly sent to both [email protected] and [email protected]
The proposals/amendments should be:
- Directly related to the outcomes of the policy book renewal
- Mention the sentence/words amended in the existing text
- Clearly specify the nature of the amendment (addition, replacement or deletion)
- Wording of the change should be clear
- Add a short justification (two sentences maximum)
- The meeting will start at 10 h CEST (Brussels time) and end around 14 h CEST.
- The event will take place on Zoom online conferencing platform.
- Registrations will open on Friday, 11 June 2021.
- End of the registrations: Monday, 21 June 2021 at 16 h CEST.
- End of amendments to the proposals: Friday, 25 June 2021 - end of the day.
- Amended proposals shared with the delegates: before 29 June 2021.
- Digital Assembly: 3 July 2021.
- Through the website with log in at the bottom of this page (Registrations are closed!)
- LYMEC MOs and IMS only
- IO + 2 delegates for full member organisations
- IO + 1 delegate for associate member organisations
- Delegates and Steering Committee for IMS (in case of additional spaces more IMS might be accepted)
- Registrations are now closed!
- Please wait for official confirmation of your attendance after the deadline.
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC***