February 03 2024
Digital Assembly 2024-I
February 03, 2024 at 10:00am - 1pm
Digital Assembly 2024-I
Dear liberal friends,
Before you all go on Christmas holidays, we are back with our next opportunity in 2024!
It is time for our first LYMEC Digital Assembly of 2024. This event (already our #8 Digital Assembly) will take place online on Saturday, 3rd February 2024 between 10:30-13:00 CET (Brussels time). This event is supported by the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) - European Dialogue.
In our constant efforts to increase the amount of opportunities to meet the current leadership and to discuss together the main issues we are facing today in Europe.
The agenda will be as follows:
- PART A - The topic of the event will be focusing on LGBTQIA+ rights, as LYMEC recently adopted a resolution on the current worrying developments on the matter in Italy. The proposal is calling upon EU Member States and representatives to maintain pressure on Italy to back down from these latest queerphobic policies, respect civil liberties and political rights for the LGBTQ+ community. We would like to therefore open the discussion around this pressing issue in Italy and see with a set of local speakers and experts how the European community can support the Italian LGBTQ+ community to face the new realities. It is very important for us young liberals to be vocal and at the forefront of the fight for the rule of law and civil liberties all over in Europe. The draft programme with the list of speakers will be circulated to the registered participants. We will be coordinating with our partner organisations in Italy for this event and especially the Fondazione Luigi Einaudi.
- PART B - It will be dedicated to the Bureau presenting what has been done so far since the Autumn Congress (in Riga last November) and what the plans and actions for the coming months are, especially in light of the European Elections in 2024 and the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine. This will be primarily an opportunity for delegations to ask questions and share their concerns/comments with the current leadership. Questions or comments for Part B can be sent to [email protected] and [email protected] anytime ahead of the event or you can simply ask for the floor during the event.
- The meeting will start at 10 h 30 CET (Rome time) and end around 13 h 00 CET.
- The event will take place fully online on Zoom conferencing platform. The link will be sent to registered participants the days before the event.
- Registrations opens on Wednesday, 14 December 2023.
- End of the registrations: Thursday, 18 January 2023 at 10 h am (CET).
- Digital Assembly: Saturday, 3 February at 10 h 30 am (CET).
- LYMEC MOs and IMS only
- Up to 6 delegates can be registered for full member organisations
- Up to 3 delegates can be registered for associate member organisations
- Delegates and Steering Committee for IMS (in case of additional spaces more IMS might be accepted)
- Deadline to register is Thursday, 18 January 2023 at 10 h am (CET).
- Please wait for official confirmation of your attendance after the deadline
The event will be fully online and no participation fee will be requested.
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC***