June 02 2023 - June 04 2023
Liberal Communicators' Network - Youth Edition 2023
June 02, 2023 at 10:00am - June 04, 2023
Liberal Communicators' Network - Youth Edition 2023
This event is set to take place in Warsaw, Poland between 2 to 4 June 2023.
This event is organised exclusively for young liberals involved in communications (i.e. social media managers, communications team members, spokespersons, etc…) in a member organisation of LYMEC or ELF. In order to strengthen these liberal organisations, the participants will gain professional skills, learn from each other by exchanging best practices, and create a network for future cooperation and peer support!
We would like to support young liberal communicators in developing their skills, capabilities and network. Ensure that despite limited access to skills, human and financial resources or sufficient training, they get the chance to improve themselves and their organisations.
This event aims to especially focus on those member organisations that are in the most need of professional training and peer support when it comes to identifying and verifying fake news. The event will also have a focus on how to communicate to a younger audience.
The main objectives:
- Provide participants with concrete tools and skills
- Participants to act as multipliers in their organisations
- Strengthen communication strategies and the professional use of social media channels to demystify fake news and propaganda
- Create a European Network of liberal communicators for peer support, networking and discussions
- Umbrella network challenge - participants will be able to put their skills at work and compete for 2 spots to join the ELF Liberal communicators’ masterclass in the Autumn.
- Online courses are a part of the programme to enhance the knowledge of participants.
- Please complete the following form available here before Tuesday, 11 April 2023 at 14h00 CET (Brussels time).
- The applicant must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- The applicant must be a young liberal communicator in LYMEC or ELF.
- Applicants cannot be candidates at elections (at any level of governance) before, during and 12 months after the event takes place. The European Liberal Forum does not accept any participant who is a candidate for an election with a scheduled election date falling between the start of the skill training and the final day of the programme. Should a participant in the programme take part in an election with a scheduled election date falling within 12 months after the final day of the programme, as a candidate or as paid campaign staff, the participant or participant's sending party agrees to pay a participation fee (representing a contribution relative to the services rendered by ELF). Should the participant run as an independent candidate, the participant agrees to pay the fee according to the country's campaign finance regulation.
- Staff or officials (in elected or administrative functions) of political parties participating in a skill training are subject to a participation fee (representing a contribution relative to the services rendered by ELF).
Travel reimbursement and no participation fee:
There will be no participation costs, meals and accommodation will be covered.
There will be at least partial travel refunds up to 200,00 EUR per person, participants must buy their own tickets and request a reimbursement after the event. Please keep all original receipts, tickets, invoices and boarding passes.
As all LYMEC related events, this seminar also applies the rules of late cancellation and no show fees: Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to each event leads to a late cancellation fee of 25 EUR, and cancellation less than 48 hours prior to each event or not attending at all leads to a no show fee of 50 EUR.
We are happy to look into alternative ways of participating in our events for economically difficult, disabled or less literate participants in order to maximise the opportunities for all. Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to look into the possibilities available.
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) and ELF (European Liberal Forum) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC. The European Liberal Forum might also use the pictures, video or audio in their communications.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC and European Liberal Forum to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make it clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC or ELF.***