September 23 2022 - September 25 2022
Young Leaders' Meeting 2022
September 23, 2022 at 6:00pm - September 25, 2022
Young Leaders' Meeting 2022
Registrations are now closed!
This European Liberal Forum (ELF) seminar is set to take place in Copenhagen, Denmark, from 23 - 25 September 2022 and aims to touch an issue relevant to the young generation – youth unemployment.
The YLM 2022 is exclusively aimed at Presidents of LYMEC member organisations, as well as the Steering Committee of the IMS and will focus on the situation of the European youth after the pandemic. During the pandemic the youth was the hardest hit in terms of unemployment and limited possibilities. How has this been developed since the pandemic and what does 'young people with no job' mean for the EU as an economic actor in the world? These are the questions we want to raise.
Aside from that, this event also aims to address the challenges faced by young liberals all over Europe by bringing their leadership together on common concerns before sharing their takeaways in their local communities as multipliers.
This event is supported by the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) and the Danish Liberal Democracy Programme (DLDP).
- Best practice sharing on youth unemployment
- How to tailor employment policies on young people
- Capacity-building on post-pandemic recovery
- Framing your policies or liberal message towards impactful youth employment strategies
- Round-table discussion on the topic of the seminar
- Network building and how to use the network
- LYMEC proposals to tackle youth unemployment
- Toolkit of liberal solutions to tackle youth unemployment
- Youth employment strategy
- Registrations are now closed.
- The applicant must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- The event is exclusively aimed at Presidents (or if they are not available then one Vice-President can represent) of LYMEC member organisations, as well as the Steering Committee of the IMS.
- Applicants cannot be candidates at elections (at any level of governance) at the time, during and 12 months after the YLM takes place. The European Liberal Forum does not accept any participant who is a candidate for an election with a scheduled election date falling between the start of the skill training and the final day of the programme. Should a participant in the programme take part in an election with a scheduled election date falling within 12 months after the final day of the programme, as a candidate or as paid campaign staff, the participant or participant's sending party agrees to pay a participation fee (representing a contribution relative to the services rendered by ELF). Should the participant run as an independent candidate, the participant agrees to pay the fee according to the country's campaign finance regulation.
- Staff or officials (in elected or administrative functions) of political parties participating in a skill training are subject to a participation fee (representing a contribution relative to the services rendered by ELF).
Travel reimbursement and no participation fee
There will be no participation costs, meals and accommodation will be covered.
There will be at least partial travel refunds up to 200 EUR per person, participants must buy their own tickets and request a reimbursement after the event. Please keep all original receipts, tickets, invoices and boarding passes.
As all LYMEC related events, this seminar also applies the rules of late cancellation and no show fees: Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to each event leads to a late cancellation fee of 25 EUR, and cancellation less than 48 hours prior to each event or not attending at all leads to a no show fee of 50 EUR.
Events organised by European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) and ELF (European Liberal Forum) may be audio- and video-recorded as well as web-streamed. A photographer and/or a cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may have access to the meeting room in order to take pictures and videos for communication and publication purposes. Videos and pictures taken by the photographer and/or cameraman, contracted by LYMEC, may also be published on the LYMEC website and on related social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). They may also be used in other media and means of communication in order to pass on information about the event and activities of LYMEC. The European Liberal Forum might also use the pictures, video or audio in their communications.
***Disclaimer: By registering for this event you give your permission for LYMEC and European Liberal Forum to use your picture in their promotional campaigns and materials and communication about the event. Please make it clear in advance if you do not wish your picture to be used by LYMEC or ELF.***